Academy of Education: Hybrid Teaching: Formative Skill Assessment by Video in PTA Education
Utilizing technology in physical therapy education can seem overwhelming. Despite students’ eagerness to utilize technology in coursework, educators are often left wondering how to effectively incorporate technology in their curriculum. The speaker will share current evidence regarding the value of utilizing technology in the classroom then demonstrate applications of video formative assessment in their PTA education. Since implementation, faculty have observed improvement in student comprehension, information retention, and confidence in skills. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss opportunities to apply video formative assessment in their current curriculum, traditional or hybrid.
After this presentation, learners will be able to:
1. Learners will explain the benefits of using technology in the classroom for current and incoming students.
2. Learners will describe the value, strengths, and weaknesses of recorded assessment in formative learning assessments.
3. Learners will discuss potential applications of video recorded assessments in their current curriculum.
Dr. Jonathan Duellman, PT, DPT, is an assistant professor in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN. He received his Doctorate of Physical Therapy in Omaha, NE at Creighton University. Upon graduation, Dr. Duellman completed an orthopedic residency at Creighton University and then received board-certified specialist in orthopedic physical therapy in 2017. Dr. Duellman has presented at the Educational Leadership Conference in regarding implementation of new curriculum and instructional strategies. He has special interests in innovation in physical therapy education. He is a member of APTA MN’s Education Committee and the JOPTE Journal Club Committee.
0.1 CEUs will be available for this webinar.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.