CAPTE 2023 - Self-Study Workshop for PT Programs
- Registration Closed
This workshop is designed to assist physical therapist education program administrators and faculty to obtain or maintain programmatic accreditation. It includes an overview of the accreditation process and the specific expectations of the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) related to the Standards and Required Elements. Information is provided on:
- Purposes and process of accreditation
- How to develop a Self-Study Report that accurately reflects all program activities
- How to respond to the accreditation reports
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the purposes of specialized programmatic accreditation
2. Identify the individuals involved in the self-study process
3. Identify pre-accreditation and accreditation activities
4. Describe the self-study process
Kevin K Chui
PT, DPT, PhD
Kevin, Term 1/1/19-12/31/22, holds a MS degree in Physical Therapy from Long Island University, and a PhD in Pathokinesiology from New York University and a DPT from Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions. He completed the APTA Fellowship in Education Leadership and the Regis University Fellowship in Manual Therapy. Currently, Dr. Chui is Endowed Chair & Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy, Waldron College of Health and Human Services at Radford University in Roanoke, VA. He has been an on-site visitor for physical therapist programs since 2015. Dr. Chui serves on the PT Panel as physical therapist educator.
PhD, MS, PT
Doreen holds a BS degree in Physical Therapy from Sargent College of Boston University, a MS in Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy with a minor in Education from Long Island University, and a PhD in Health Sciences with a specialization in Movement Science from Seton Hall University. She completed two fellowships, including the APTA Fellowship in Education Leadership. She is currently the manager for physical therapist programs, accreditation staff at APTA. Dr. Stiskal was the chairperson of the Department of Physical Therapy, Seton Hall University, Nutley, NJ for almost 15 years. Previous experience includes academic leadership in physical therapist assistant as well as in post-professional health science education. Amongst her many professional service activities, Dr. Stiskal recently completed two consecutive terms on the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recordings.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|