PRIVATE PRACTICE - AC22 - Medicare 201: Beyond the Basics sessions
Recorded On: 11/05/2022
In college, therapists and assistants get very little education and training in the business and compliance aspect of outpatient physical, occupational and/or speech therapy services. If they do, it is usually limited to the basics of CPT coding, documentation and perhaps, some billing. This webinar will focus on topics that “veteran” therapists and assistants as well as recent graduates may not know and/or completely understand. Topics discussed include, but are not limited to: Hospice, Medicare Advantage, MPPR, QMB Program, CQ modifier and Medigap Plans, ABN and Participating versus Non-Participating Medicare provider.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss how CMS determines payment for each CPT code.
- Identify when it is and is not appropriate to issue an ABN to a Medicare beneficiary.
- Recite when you can bill Medicare for outpatient therapy for a Medicare beneficiary in hospice.
Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
RICK GAWENDA, PT, is a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience and currently serves as the founder and President of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. He has provided valuable education and consulting to hospitals, private practices, skilled nursing facilities, and rehabilitation agencies in the areas of CPT coding, ICD-10 coding, billing, documentation compliance, revenue enhancement, practice management, and denial management as they relate to outpatient therapy services. Mr. Gawenda has presented nationally since 2004 and currently presents over 80 dates per year around the United States. In addition, Mr. Gawenda is retained by attorneys to serve as an expert in regard to legal or physical therapy state board issues regarding documentation, billing, supervision, and utilization of support personnel and compliance with insurance rules and regulations as well as physical therapy state board requirements.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.